Foriegn Affairs

Exister, c'est oser se jeter dans le monde.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

I've Got a Dream...

Dreams  interest me. A re-occurring dream that I view as a nightmare is going to school in the buff! This is the dream:
Somehow I show up in a class filled with students. I look down and I realize that I am in my birthday suit, and somehow nobody comments on this or laughs or does anything even though everybody else is wearing clothes. I frantically start trying to find something to cover up with-any extra clothes lying on the floor, lost and founds, anything! To my disappointment, there’s no extra clothing. At this point, I’m wondering why my mother and siblings didn’t tell me that I was wearing no clothes or why I didn’t realize that I didn’t put clothes on! Usually by this point, after attending some class, I wake up.

                I’ve examined this dream, and there are meanings I found to dreaming of yourself in the buff:
o   You are trying to hide something- If you imagine yourself fully uncovered, it means that you’ve been hiding something that’s very important to you, and maybe even some serious secret nobody is supposed to know!
o    You have an issue with self-confidence-By exposing yourself to the public, you are not hiding who you are, literally exposing who you are as a person. If you don’t care about being in the nude- you have LOTS of self-confidence!
o   You aren’t prepared-whether for a test or unknown challenge, you are caught off guard and don’t know how to handle it.
o   If you are in the buff, but no one notices, that represents a fear being unfounded, or not a fear that one should have as there is no basis for that fear.
            Examining this dream was definitely different, and although I can’t say that I’m not a skeptic about this, some of this does have some grains of truth! So, if you ever find yourself indecent in your dreams, this could be why!

1 comment:

  1. I have had this dream too in a number of forms and scenarios. And as I read the interpretations you found, I could see some major connections to my life at the times I've had that dream. Very, very interesting.

    ReplyDelete