Foriegn Affairs

Exister, c'est oser se jeter dans le monde.

Monday, September 21, 2015

In Charge of the World

If I were in charge of the world
I’d cancel grades,
Monday mornings,
Green and black olives, and also
humid Missouri days

If I were in charge of the world
there’d be longer summers,
more pets with homes, and
more time in the day to do what you want.

If I were in charge of the world
you wouldn’t have poverty.
you wouldn’t have lonely.
you wouldn’t have depression.
Or, “You throw like a girl.”
You wouldn’t even have people like that.

If I were in charge of the world,
a Andy’s Boot Daddy concrete with extra
chocolate sauce would be a vegetable.
All Friday Night Light seasons would continue.
and a person who sometimes forgot their manners
and sometimes forgot to laugh,
would still be allowed to be                                                                                               
in charge of the world.








1 comment:

  1. I love that you would specifically cancel both green AND black olives. I might be sad if you did, but I could live in your kingdom of long summers and happy pets and learning for the sake of learning rather than to "earn" a number or letter.

    ReplyDelete