Foriegn Affairs

Exister, c'est oser se jeter dans le monde.

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Never Giving Up

I always tell my friends this, but sometimes when it rains, it pours. When I say this, I'm usually talking about how a bunch of things are going AMAZING all at one time, and the next week, almost everything seems to fall apart. Hopefully I'm not the only one that wishes that the good and the bad could happen more at the same time!

With recent weeks, I have had a lot of those experiences.
For example, I found out that I did really well in all my classes, especially economics, which I was really worried about. I also moved in to a new apartment, found the things that I was missing from that move, and the sun finally decided to come out!
However, these good experiences were sandwiched in-between three internship rejections, rejections of personal relationships (which is always sad), and the stress of moving out not entirely on schedule. Additionally, since I am staying for school over the summer, it was sad not being able to come home and see my family.

While all of these negative things were going on, it was really tempting just to give up, hop into bed, and hide under the covers and wait until things miraculously got better or my parents rescued me. Being rejected and told no, along with having plan B, C, and even D not working out was killer. Unfortunately/fortunately for me, I am used to things not working out in favor all the time, so although a few tears were shed (especially for my jobs), I was able to re-calibrate semi-quickly.  Though sometimes when things are the pits, you literally just have to take a step back and say that things SUCK. But that is when resilience kicks in.

Currently, things are going pretty well, and when I reflect back over the past couple of weeks and the roller coaster of emotions that I have felt, it is amazing to see how life kind of works out. And sometimes it is really frustrating to have to wait for things to work out, but more often than not, they do. So the only option that you're left with is to keep fighting, not giving up, until you see the sun once again. And when that happens, being fully present in the moment and counting your blessings. Sometimes I hate this saying, "I never said it would be easy, but worth it" just because it has been so over-quoted, but it is so true- I think that you appreciate the things that you earn because the struggle was so great.

So never give up- you got this! You can do it!

Listen to the silence. discovered by ☾ tired but groovy ™

No comments:

Post a Comment