Foriegn Affairs

Exister, c'est oser se jeter dans le monde.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Art Walk

I was having a horrible, no good, very bad day. Just like Alexander from the book, nothing seemed to be going my way. At first, I woke up with a great attitude and plenty of smiles. However, things went south quickly when my sister, who I share a room with, was not having a great attitude. Every little action turned into a debate and everything it seemed was wrong because of me and not the other way around. On the way to school, I slammed the car door to get in, resulting in my coffee staining my brand new white shirt.
Needless to say, my day only got worse.

Tests upon tests were thrown at me, grade checks were a disappointment, and practice for cross country was a disaster! I felt like I had fought a hundred battles only to lose all of them that day. As I walked up the stairs to the front door, I felt worn out-emotionally and physically. I went upstairs to my room after grabbing some goldfish and had a solid cry. Mascara was running down my cheeks, but I felt better. Grabbing some tissues from the bathroom, my brother saw the mess I was in. He offered to talk it out with me, and we ended up laughing and joking, a polar opposite feeling than 30 minutes before. He helped me so much, he was definitely a blessing in disguise.

1 comment:

  1. That's one of my favorite prints in the stack. I see all sorts of interpretations for it and associations you could make. It makes me think of some lines from a 90s Counting Crows song:

    I am colorblind
    Coffee black and egg white
    Pull me out from inside
    I am ready, I am ready, I am ready,
    I am taffy stuck and tongue tied
    Stutter shook and uptight
    Pull me out from inside
    I am ready, I am ready, I am ready,
    I am fine

    ReplyDelete