Foriegn Affairs

Exister, c'est oser se jeter dans le monde.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Who I am

                                                I am…

I am…

the daughter of two hard workers who have given me everything and continue to do so everyday
granddaughter to grandparents who sacrifice anything and everything for their family
an anomaly, getting two great friends as siblings instantly and a plus one six years later
a proud owner of a white tonkinese cat who is the craziest, sweetest,  funniest animal alive and who is only scared of its shadow

I am…

a western town, splitting childhood memories drinking root beer floats and   picking sunflowers 
the ocean where I learned to bogey-board and finally conquer the big waves in the ocean, resulting in scraping off sand everywhere on my body
gray skies and orange, crisp leaves that fall in autumn, the “year’s last loveliest smile” (w.b.)

I am…

a worrier, but will always find that everything is goin
g to be ok in the end
a lover of cats, aspiring to own a Scottish fold kitten and live out my days as a crazy cat lady with 100 cats
a homebody with a sickness that unexplainably is cured only by travel and going to distant countries such as France and Germany
a shoulder to cry on, who might not cry with you but will be there in every step of the way

I am…

rain boots that are ready to hop, skip, and jump into rain puddles or strut when needs be
someone who spends too much money and loves to use it on others even when the bank is broke and there is no money to be spent
champagne taste but lemonade pockets
split pea soup in the winter along with anything else my mom can throw in a crockpot

I am…

 “Wherever you are, be all there.”- Jim Elliot
“It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.”- Henry David Thoreau
“The world only exists in your eyes. You can make it as big or small as you want.”- F. Scott Fitzgerald



3 comments:

  1. I really love how you used quotes that you felt described you at the end. I feel like that added a whole other level to your poem. It was a very original idea and from reading your poem you seem like a very original and fun person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi McKenna! Your poem gives great insight into your personality with your tastes and background, it has been written beautifully. I feel like it lets a person get to know you very well through your interest in cats, travel, and generally enjoying life. I relate to you in that I have a very hard working family and a sibling six years apart from me. Fantastic job writing, I can't wait to see what you write next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bit of who you are--which is a bright and curious and lovely person, one who looks for beauty and finds it, a giver, an artist, a girl so important to her family. I am the same about money and gifts and I love the line about autumn as a "smile." I'm ready for the boots and sweaters and smells of fall. You are wise to realize "everything is going to be okay in the end."

    ReplyDelete