Foriegn Affairs

Exister, c'est oser se jeter dans le monde.

Friday, August 28, 2015

Comments and Observations


All of the stories about object were amazing! Honestly, I didn’t know before this project how one object could inspire someone to write a masterpiece. It was really eye opening. I also really enjoyed how there were no limits, or rubrics on how we had to write. That really opened up the door for creativity and I know in my group, we used it to the full effect. Katie was really creative with her story and made it travel through time, eventually finding the owner. That inspired me about a story I could write about in my own family.

Katie G.
We are all made of objects.
Hey Katie! This piece was AMAZING! Really interesting concept on how an object so little can make huge effects. Also, I loved the time line and historical setting that you wrote this in. My favorite part was the beginning, and how it increased in meaning as the story went along. Great job!
Katie! Love the last line, "savoring, enjoying the beautiful life I've been given,..." really hit home for me! I really wish that I was a night owl, and I'm trying to work on it. I am definitely a social butterfly, maybe we've both been told to be quiet in class a few times before? :)

Samantha H.
I could relate to Sam and her story with her grandfather because my grandfather and I love to play games together! I also feel loved when I am with him, and that came across in the post. I never thought of using a JENGA piece to even represent that bond.
Sam! I love cats, but I will never, ever try and dress up my cat! I don't think I would survive the experience! I would love to know how to make those dumplings, comfort foods are my favorite! Loved getting to meet you!
Your descriptiveness really made me feel like I was with you in the moment! I also enjoyed how you added your grandfather's narrative into the story, making it really personal. I can relate to having mom attack you with bug spray, which happens all too often. :) Great story, thanks Sam!

Amanda L.
I found a lot in common with Amanda's story! Too many times have I lost a book I was working on, wanted to read, or even return it to the library!
Awesome writing Amanda! I definitley felt as if I was there, and I might even give this book a try! I love how you have a shelf of special books, I do too! I'm also so glad you found your book, and this story kind of remined me of Katie's-there was also a lost object. Great work!
Joshua M.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to leave such thoughtful comments on your classmates' work, M'Kenna. I know they appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete