Foriegn Affairs

Exister, c'est oser se jeter dans le monde.

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Chemistry {you either got it, or you don't}



Just for a brief moment, I want to take some time to pat myself on the back for that blog title. It might not seem great to you, but I think it rocks.
Anyways, moving on. 
Right now, I want to talk about chemistry. Not the science kind, where your stomach hurts at the thought of taking a test and trying to remember compounds and reactions, but one between two people. Maybe it's because we just celebrated Valentine's Day, or maybe I've watch too many rom coms (and a combination of the two could be very likely) but I have kind of been thinking about this the past couple of days. 
I think it is amazing that two people, complete strangers, can end up forging a connection just because of the spark that they have. And it doesn't necessarily need to be a romantic connection, but maybe it's just somebody that "vibes" with you. IT IS AMAZING!!
But also really hard to explain.
Like if a friend asks you how you hit it off with so and so, you can't really tell them one specific thing- not because you're trying to be coy, but because you honestly don't know what specifically is so great about them, the parts of them that spoke to who you are. 
Speaking from personal experience, sometimes it's just enough to make eye contact with them, and receive a smile in return. 
SPARK!
Or sometimes it's what they say- for me, if you're incredibly funny, and you laugh at my jokes, lets just say that there is DEFINITELY something going on. Whether it is a friend or "something more" connection, chemistry definitely is there. Just sayin'. 
And I think the world needs more of it. Or, maybe we should just keep our eyes open for it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment