Foriegn Affairs

Exister, c'est oser se jeter dans le monde.

Monday, February 26, 2018

Hello 2018!

Wow. I have been so lazy posting on this blog! I have it linked to some of my social media accounts, but as school has become so busy and crazy, I have not had a lot of time to work on it! In all honesty, I miss writing and having a space to put all my thoughts down, and so I am going to try and write weekly to keep up the blog. I know I always start doing this and I quit halfway through, but now that I am a year older,wiser, and funnier, I will try.
So much has changed from my last post.
The one thing that teachers don't tell you in high school is that college will teach you a lot about yourself. I'm not going to lie, I did learn a lot more in academic subjects, but I learned more figuring out who I am as a person. I learned to grocery shop, work, be a full-time student, go on a couple of dates, and a bunch of other random stuff that I could not have learned anywhere else. I also met one of my best friends here, and I can't imagine not knowing her or having her in my life. I also learned that people can be mean, but they can also be really great. One of the most important things that I discovered is that in college, you have to keep going. If you get a bad grade on a test, learn from your mistakes and then move on. Keep trying.
I also discovered that your late teens/early twenties are a time to figure out what makes you passionate, to act stupid, and to just have fun. As the saying goes, make life fun because nobody gets out alive. If we don't slow down, breathe the air, and just take a break, we will miss a lot of truly amazing moments.
Now, I'm not going to lie- when I first started this blog I really wanted it to take off and become famous, but now that I'm wise (just kidding) I realize that it is truly amazing that I have a space to write down some of my thoughts. And, I also realized that being popular or famous shouldn't really be the goal- the goal should be to become the best version of yourself.

So with that, I am making a pledge to write more and give this blog some love. And off the blog, to love and learn more!

Sincerely,
MBE


No comments:

Post a Comment